YOUTH EQUESTRIAN QUESTIONS
** This is a game for all the youth in District 18. There will be 10 Questions each month posted on the website, at the next race 2 of the 10 questions will be posted on the billboard for you to answer. The first youth member to come to the booth/sign up area and have the CORRECT answer will get a prize.
- What is the normal resting temperature of a horse?
- Describe three symptoms of colic.
- What is the difference between a blemish and unsoundness?
- What type and what size shoe does your horse wear?
- What is the breeding of your horse? Its age? Weight? Height?
- Describe the difference between a snaffle bit and a curb bit.
- What is a counter-canter?
- When choosing hay for your horse, what qualities do you look for?
- Is a horse a ruminant or non-ruminant animal?
- How many inches are in a hand?